We refer to our statement of vision and values as our 'Blueprint'.
The Ark is being built because of a vision:
- To offer salvation to a generation (as Noah did with the Ark he built)
- To carry the presence of God into the City (as David did with the Ark of the Covenant)
Our reason for existence is:
- To introduce people to a God who is really here - a God that will do them good!
We believe that being a Christian is all about relationship:
- Firstly and personally with God through Jesus Christ
- Secondly with each other.
Therefore everything we seek to do we aim to accomplish through relationship.
The Ark is:
- A city church which aims to motivate and equip the people of God for works of service.
- Founded in prayer and the study and exposition of God's Word.
- A church that believes in the greater body of Christ, of which we are pleased to take an active part - in the city through 'One Voice' - in the nation through the 'Evangelical Alliance' - in the continents through active mission involvement - in the world through a strong internet presence - in all spheres as part of the 'Ground Level' network of churches
- that living in relationship with God is the best choice we can make, and that life is great when that relationship is well maintained
- the Evangelical Alliance Statement of faith is a good basis for belief
Our commitment is:
- To worship God and bring honour to the name of Jesus (John 4:24)
- To having God's presence with us and the hearing of His voice our first priorities (Ex 33:15, John 10:27)
- To focus our lives around the prayer "your kingdom come" and fulfil the great commission (Matt 6:10 & 28:19-20)
- To remember the poor (Gal 2:10)
- To go around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil (Acts 10:38)
- To be a safe haven where those who have been hurt can recover and a safe place where all can develop their gifts (Prov 18:10, Eph 4:12)
Our expectation is:
- To grow in number and increase our impact through personal & virtual relationships
- To be effective in missions work at home and abroad
- To work as effective partners with those who will link arms with us under the Lordship of Christ.
- To work positively with young and old, singles and families and as many social groups as we can
- To engage with local authorities to bring blessing to them and to our city
- To offer a powerful, alternative, Christian education for children